Nieuws:

Nu in MSM 244 TEST: B-MODELS NMBS reeks 51

Hoofdmenu

MADEN

Gestart door ebaykal, 26 mei 2015, 09:14:49 AM

ebaykal

Many thanks for the warm welcome Gents.

After the great success of Selçuk worldwide, God knows in how many magazines, TV shows....etc we thought that it  was about time to step down from cloud nine. Partying was over. She now rests in her final resting ground the RMK Industrial museum in Istanbul;

The success of Selçuk actually was like shooting ourselves in the knee.......expectations from us was now high and we now had to come up with something toping it.

Endless researches yielded nothing till we saw the below anonymous pictures taken by God knows who, of the small town on the east of Turkey called MADEN. A copper and chrome mining town .( which means mine in English ) Assuming late 1970's.

We were mesmerized!.....the rough wild terrain was fascinating, ideal to model..............the decision was taken anonymously. Maden was to be our next project.

A detailed research of the town yielded very interesting historical facts as well which I will discuss later on.
Therefore the team decided to pay Maden a visit in the leadership of Abd and see the surrounding with there own eyes. What better way to travel but;........ in the cab of a diesel electric DE 22000 of the TCDD.

the land terrain looks very harsch with countless tunnels;

the now deserted mine entrance;

the mine cars and the tipper;

.....and a film showing our travel and entry to the station;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNB213NHfmQ

Erkut & Abd
If there ain't any steam loco's in heaven then I ain't goin

sdz1976

Nice idea, curious about the sequel

Grtz,

Samuel;
www.ovmv.be
Creatieve mensen hebben geen rommel,
ze hebben overal ideeen liggen.
ho- hoe- on30- 1

ebaykal

....upon further research we found out a heavy German involvement in the copper and chrome mines during the 2nd world war. Chrome being the main ingredient for steel.

...such that the building above you see of which Abd made the model was built by the Germans and named by the locals as German HQ

Interesting figures were at the board of directors of the mine at that time, such as ;Felix Warlimont, Emil Georg Von Stauß and Kurt Weigelt . If you google these names we come up with a story just for Dan Brown.

Anyway I'll leave the history to historians and move on.

The station plan;

Now two main atractions, one the Station compound and secondly the open pit and closed mines along with copper smelting facilities would be the theme. But how were we going to corparate these two together was a different story altogether.

Erkut&Abd

ebaykal

...we started hammering in;

celebrated among fellow modellers the grand opening ;D

In the mean time Abd was busy constructing the buildings , mine cars etc.... of which I won't go into detail thanks to Dirky who has supplied a link saving me time.

I'll continue of where we stand today and carry onwards as we progress.

The idea of two sections meant a longer layout then Selçuk....so we abondened that and agreed to make the layout in a back to back walkaround type, probably a first of its kind, one part the station and town the other, the mine complex.

Here is how she looks of today;

Abd at present is working on the station module, his latest;

Erkut & Abd

Martin Welberg

Looks good man !!

Stedahult

Mvh. Steef

guy holbrecht

Something beautifull is growing.

centauri167

Kautenbach

Wow, Very Nice, great ;)

Gerolf

I like this project a LOT  8)
Groeten uit "Marche-en-Bières"   ** Modelspoor is plezant **   TPIII-H0-DC-Zelfbouw

Ronald

Me too  ;)

OntraXS 2017, Erkut & Abd?

oebr

On East Belgian Rails - sporen in de provincie Luik zo rond 1992

Metpetergaathetbeter

What is the real one and what is the model ? ;D ;)

Durango

Looks very good man. Looking forward to see more
Narrow Gauger pur sang HoN3, HO, On30
Grtz,
Leon
Team Mitropa ( www.teammitropa.nl )